This repository contains technical specifications used by the [Webrecorder]
project for building interoperable web archiving tools.
* [Use Cases for Decentralized Web Archives](use-cases/latest/): a summary of requirements and potential threat models for distributed web archives
* [Web Archive Collection Zipped (WACZ)](wacz/latest/): a packaging standard for web archives on the web
* [WACZ Signing and Verification](wacz-auth/latest/): the mechanics for signing and verifying WACZ files for proof of authenticity
* [Crawl Index JSON (CDXJ)](cdxj/latest/): an extensible format for WARC index files
* [IPFS Custom File Chunking for WARC and WACZ](wacz-ipfs/latest): a specialized content-aware chunking strategy for adding composite web archive files to IPFS
# Get Involved
Please help us adapt and implement these community standards to help ensure that
web archives are easier to use, trust, and share on the web.
We are using [Git and GitHub] to manage the versioning of these specifications, and
also the [GitHub Issue Tracker] to track ongoing work. If you have questions or
suggestions for the specifications, or need implementation guidance please use
the issue tracker!
[Git and GitHub]: https://github.com/webrecorder/specs/
[GitHub Issue Tracker]: https://github.com/webrecorder/specs/issues/